Join us in Portland at OMSI for CascadiaJS!
We are hosting a Hybrid Event in Portland at OMSI for a limited number of attendees. Capacity will be capped at 150 people and we will provide coffee, snacks and catered lunch for all attendees.
In order to attend, attendees will need to provide proof of vaccination and we will require masks while inside.
Here are just a few of the other amazing things we have in store for CascadiaJS 2021:
A pre-conference Hack Event
A limited-edition conference hoodie
Opening Party at OMSI with drinks and games!
Closing After Party at VoiceBox SE with drinks and Karaoke!
If you have already purchased a Virtual ticket, you are welcome to upgrade to In-Person using the link below!
Hybrid Event Venue
The CascadiaJS 2021 Hybrid Event in Portland is taking place at OMSI, located in the heart of Portland:
OMSI 1945 SE Water Ave Portland, OR 97214
Getting to OMSI is easy!
- Trimet: OMSI/SE Water Ave Station connects with MAX, bus, and the streetcar
- Drive: parking is free for attendees
- Bike: located along the Eastbank Esplanade that connects to the Tilikum Crossing
Doors open at 8:00am PDT
Getting into the Venue (COVID check)
CascadiaJS attendees are asked to enter at the Planetarium entrance that is located to the north of the main entrance along SE Water Ave.
CascadiaJS volunteers will be checking for two things upon entry:
- Your name must be on a list of registered attendees for the Portland Hybrid Event
- You must provide proof of vacciation
Acceptable forms of proof of COVID-19 vaccination include:
- Your CDC issued vaccination card
- A picture of your vaccination card
- Documentation from medical provider
- Mobile app documentation of vaccine
- Proof of vaccination from anothe state or country
Once you are inside, you will be directed to the Auditorium, to the left after you enter the Planetarium entrance, where we will have a registration desk.
At the registration desk we ask that you:
- Let us know you've arrived and are ready for a great day
- Sign a COVID waiver using a sanitized pen
- Grab your SWAG and conference badge
We ask that you sign the COVID-19 waiver both days.
Opening Party at OMSI
We'll have a bunch of fun and exciting gamess for you in the auditorium after you grab some food and drink. Team up, go head-to-head with another attendee, and have fun and relaxing time meeting new friends!
Closing Party at Voicebox SE
Following the close of the conference and the end of the Live Musical Performance, we will head over to VoiceBox SE for drinks and Karaoke starting at 7 pm.
You'll have an hour between 6 pm and the start of Karaoke at 7 pm to grab a bit to eat.
There are bunch of amazing places to grab food and drinks ahead of the Karaoke party in SE. A few of our favorites include:
- Robo Taco is located on SE Morrison around the corner from Voicebox.
- Pop Pizza serves up detroit style pizza at SE Morrison and SE 6th Ave.
- Hat Yai has Thai and Roti just a block away from Voicebox at SE Belmont and SE 6th Ave.
- Afuri is some of the best Ramen this side of the Pacific and is located at Yamhill and SE 7th Ave.
- Loyal Legion is next door to Voicebox with 90+ beers on tap and pub food located at SE Alder St and SE 6th Ave.
When you arrive at Voicebox be sure to bring your CascadiaJS badge so you can grab your two coupons for free drinks at the bar. Then, head to the private karaoke booths. We have plenty of room for just us. We'll be in booth numbers 2 through 5.